Looking for a new and healthy salad recipe that you can make ahead and enjoy with lunch, dinner, or as a quick snack? This quinoa salad is perfect for you.
Quinoa is perfect for salads as it's a whole grain packed with fiber, protein, and vitamins. It cooks quickly, can be made in volume, and takes on all the flavors you add to it. Each cup of cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of dietary fiber. It's naturally gluten free, making it an ideal option for those with celiac or gluten intolerance.
This quinoa salad is easy to prepare, and offers bright acidity and umami with citrus, olives, and olive oil. For additional protein, you can top with grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp.
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup olives, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. *Prepare the day before if desired
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl of vegetables, then drizzle the dressing mixture over everything, and gently toss until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Pin for later