This time of year, we're always looking for easy make-ahead recipes to help the chaotic week go a little smoother. This white bean and broccolini salad is a delicious and healthy recipe that is great to make-ahead for lunches or as a dinner side. The combination of creamy white beans and crunchy broccolini provides a great texture, and the tasty dressing gives a burst of flavor to the dish.
White beans are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. Broccolini is an excellent source of vitamins A and D, helpful for boosting the immune system and promoting skin health.
- 1 lb broccolini, trimmed
- 1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt flakes & fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained & chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice & zest, honey mustard, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper until well combined
- Stir in capers, set aside
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add broccolini and cook until tender yet crisp - about 2 minutes
- Drain broccolini and place in ice water to cool
- Drain, pat dry and cut the broccolini into bite sized pieces
- Add broccolini and beans to dressing bowl and toss to coat
- Plate and garnish with a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired
Pin recipe for later!