If you're like many people, the last thing you want to do as you're getting ready in the morning is to make breakfast. Overnight oats have been popular for a while, and today we're bringing you another easy recipe that is perfect to grab-and-go on the way out the door.
Chia seeds have become even more popular now than they were in the heyday of Chia Pets. They are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. Their unique texture when added to liquid is a perfect base for pudding.
This overnight blueberry chia pudding recipe will serve 4. We love adding granola on top as a garnish for crunch, but if you're grain-free or sugar-free, you could add chopped nuts of your choice. The texture will add a nice contrast to the soft pudding.
Overnight Blueberry Chia Pudding
Yields 4 servings
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- Granola or chopped nuts for garnishing
- Add almond milk, blueberries and honey into a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the milk and blueberry mixture into a large bowl. Add chia seeds and mix.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir the mixture before serving. Top with granola. Or, for a grain free alternative, you can top with chopped nuts of your choice for some texture.
Like this recipe? Pin for later: