If you like piña colada's,
and getting caught in the rain... you're going to love this recipe!
Summer can't get here soon enough, but in the meantime, we'll be eating foods that give us that tropical vibe. Smoothie bowls can be nutrient-packed and feel a little more fancy than slurping through a straw. They're perfect for a post-workout snack or mean when you want some refreshing nourishment that doesn't feel too heavy. Plus, they're so pretty!
This piña colada smoothie bowl has great texture with frozen fruit, fresh fruit, and chia seeds. Top it however you wish, but we love the fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and coconut flakes here.
Recipe: Piña Colada Smoothie Bowls
YIELD: 2 bowls
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup canned coconut milk or cream (can sub for refrigerated boxed coconut milk but it’s less coconutty)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 fresh strawberries, halved
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple slices
- Chia seeds and coconut flakes for garnish
- Start by freezing the fresh fruit you will need and stick the canned coconut milk in the fridge so it thickens. This will make the smoothie bowl even more creamy.
- Gather your ingredients, slice the strawberries in half then set the toppings aside.
- Put the smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into two bowls and add your toppings. Sprinkle with some coconut flakes and more chia seeds.